Here is a nifty JELL-O recipe on how to create JELL-O worms! Use straws as the mold for these tasty, and somewhat creepy treats. Perfect for Halloween or any occasion that calls for the weird. If you can make JELL-O, then you can make these cool looking worms.
- 2 packs (3 oz) Raspberry JELL-O
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups boiling water
- 15 drops green food coloring
- 100 flexible straws (or enough to fill your container)
- Tall container (1 quart or 1 liter carton of milk)
- Combine gelatin in bowl and add boiling water.
- Let it cool to lukewarm and then add the whipping cream and 15 drops green food coloring.
- Gather your straws (don’t forget to flex them out) and put them in the container. It’s important that the straws have a tight fit so the JELL-O stays in the straws. For this reason, a 1 liter carton may be better; you will probably get longer worms since there is a tighter fit. If you have a bigger container, a rubber band around the straws is helpful. Or you could just add more straws to fill the container.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the straw-filled container and let it set until firm.
- There are multiple ways you can remove the worms from the straws. You can roll a rolling pin over the straws and squeeze them out or you can hold the straws over warm water. The worms will slip right out.
And voila! JELL-O worms are served.