Here is another really easy, really good recipe for Halloween treats. Rice Krispy treats are good any day of the week, so why not add some Halloween flair. You can hide a chocolate inside or leave au natural. Your call.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows – OR – 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- Food coloring (orange)
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 12 bite-size candies (such as peanut butter cups, chocolate-covered nougat bars or large gum drops)
- Canned frosting (green)
- 12 small green gum drops
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with orange food coloring.
1a. AUTHOR’S NOTE: Instead of tinting with food coloring, you may want to actually flavor the butter with pumpkin! You can be all cheffy like and make a pumpkin purree or just buy a can or some powdered flavoring.
2. Add RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using 1/2-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into 12 portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into pumpkin shape around one candy piece. Pipe frosting onto each for vines and attach gumdrop for stem. Best if served the same day.
Enjoy these little goodies before they disappear! Recipe from Rice Krispies, hence why I gave them the plug in the ingredients :)