The Vaportini AKA The Vodka Bong allows you to breathe your booze
This Slushie Cup looking device was designed to get you drunk on air. The Vaportini changes the alcohol into vapor, so you can still taste the flavors. It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream and does not go through the digestive tract. No calories. Immediate effects. Kind of like a crack pipe for functioning alcoholics.
The device takes a shot of alcohol and heats it up to create a gas, which you then breathe, and hold in. Within seconds, you’re feeling a buzz. The idea came about when the inventor, Julie Palmer, was in Europe and her friends poured vodka over the coals in a sauna. After breathing the fumes, and catching a little buzz, the idea stuck and she started development.
How the heck do you use it?
- Place the candle in the bottom of a standard pint glass and light it.
- Place the metal Vaportini ring on the top of the glass, making sure that it is secure.
- Place the Vaportini globe on top of the ring with the opening facing up.
- Place the funnel into the opening of the globe and add 1-1.5 ounces of spirits to the globe. Spirits with a proof of 80-100 works best. Check our website for suggestions.
- Allow the spirits to heat for approximately 4-5 minutes. A clear vapor will begin to appear.
- Insert a small straw into the opening of the globe making sure it is above the liquid. Inhale deeply, hold the vapors for a few seconds and exhale. Only the alcohol vapors should be consumed.
Vaportini Complete Kit includes:
- 1 glass globe
- 1 metal ring
- 1 plastic funnel
- 1 glass straw
- 1 candle
The creators are trying to push these in high end restaurants, for special desserts or in clubs for VIPs, but I’m sure there’s a ton of options. I’m thinking there may be a DIY project for me here in the future, trying to make one of these on my own…