Recently, I’ve been on a beef jerky tip as my wife is pregnant and I’ve been looking for ways to supplement her iron intake. Beef Jerky can be a healthy and delicious snack and there are some amazing tangy, spicy recipes out there. It’s really easy to make, and there isn’t a huge amount of actual work that goes into it, it just takes a lot of time to make it right. During my recipe research, I stumbled across this video from Epic Meal Time, the boys and girls that have previously brought us some incredibly meaty and baconized versions of a turkey dinner. In this video, they make a processed mess of cheeseburger flavoured goodness. Points for creativity Mook! Here’s how to make their cheeseburger beef jerky.
- 1 pound of top round steak
- 1 cup pureed onions
- 1 cup relish
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup mustard
- 2 packages powdered cheese (stolen from boxes of Kraft Dinner)
- Mix ingredients for the marinade and put into a large ziploc bag
- Add thin slices of beef. It helps to freeze the beef for 30-45 minutes for easy slicing.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake on the lowest possible heat setting (160 degrees) on a baking sheet, preferably on a rack.
- Allow to dry on parchment paper if available.
Here’s the video from Epic Meal Time that walks you through the steps.