Halloween is coming. That means candy, costumes, and for some, a copious amount of drinking. So, in the spirit of The Watermelon Keg, here’s how to make a Pumpkin Keg.
- 1 large pumpkin
- Carving tools
- Spigot (tap)
- Beer, lots of beer
- Power drill (if available)
- Start by cutting a hole in the top of the pumpkin. Make sure it’s close to the top to maximize volume!
- Scoop out the insides and rinse well. Rinse VERY well.
- Cut a hole for the spigot. Start by tracing the spigot for the size. You will want to make the hole small, so choose your knife carefully, or better yet… use a power drill.
- Insert your spigot! You may need to thin the side of the pumpkin to ensure it fits properly.
- Pour your beer, then pour a beer! You will probably want to use a darker beer, a pale ale, or a stout.