Pineapple rocks. Use pineapple for drinks, salads, salsa, or even grilled, this yellow head shaped fruit is very versatile. It is also pretty darn easy to grow if you feel you have the time to try something new. It does, however, take a long time. Here is a great step by step tutorial on how to grow a pineapple.
Bonus Recipe! Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 green chile peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed (recommended!)
Chop or dice ingredients to desired size, mix in a large bowl and cover until serving time.