Life is complicated. Work, kids, and how the heck do you close that half bag of chips and keep them fresh as the day they came out of the ground? Here are some amazing (and somewhat pointless but fun) foodie life hacks that may (or may not) change your life. Mind = Blown.
1. Cut cakes, cheese and other soft foods with dental floss: Use dental floss to make perfect cuts without mess, or pesky icing sticking to your knife and destroying your piece of cake.
2. Use a pants hanger for your cookbook holder: Styling.
3. Use a muffin tin to serve condiments: Simple but effective. I’m sure you have a ton of different compartmentalized containers and cooking supplies that can be used. Get creative!
4. Single serving microwave baking in a coffee cup: For those who only want one brownie (who ever they may be), here’s a quick recipe to make brownies in a coffee mug. Add ingredients, stir, nuke for just under two minutes and enjoy!
5. It puts the straw through the tab: No more floating straws!
6. Drink at the beach without fear of authority: Cut the top an bottom off a can of soda, then slide the shell over your beer can. Watch out for sharp edges. Another solution is to grow a pair of balls.
7. Use a carabiner to hold multiple grocery bags: Carry everything while saving your fingers. Impressive.
8. Taco cup shells: Another ingenious example of clever muffin pan usage.
9. Use muffin tin to bake cookie bowls: bake cookies on an upside down muffin tin to make cookie bowls.
10. Need to start a fire? Use Doritos: Doritos will make good kindling in a pinch. I recommend “Hot” flavours.
11. Dip your cookies in style: Use a fork to dunk Oreos in milk and save wet fingers.
12. Chill wine with fruit: Use grapes or strawberries to chill you wine and keep the alcohol content!
13. Use a bottle top to close pesky bags: Simply cut the top of a bottle, slip the bag through, then seal the cap. Brilliant!
14. Speed peel potatoes: This is the ultimate foodie life hack. Save months of your life.
15. Use a take out container as a plate: Granted, the container is already a food distribution device somewhat akin to a bowl and perfectly shaped for chopsticks, but should you need a plate, this will work. You can also close it back up after you’re done!
16. Smart sandwich toasting: Use a single toaster slot for 2 pieces of bread for soft AND crunchy toast.
17. Proper lunch meat distribution: Avoid needless overlap and get full sandwich coverage with this foodie life hack.
Have some more foodie life hacks? Add them in the comments!